- ENG ·
As the rapidly evolving situation with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) occurs, Baker Roofing Company is managing efforts to help ensure the health and safety of our employees, families, subcontractors, and customers. We are committed to ensuring a working environment with a low risk of transmission of COVID-19.
We are using the CDC Guidelines as our road map for how to move through this time.
During the next few weeks we respectfully request that all employees refrain from bringing children/family members, friends, and pets into the office until further notice. If you develop a situation regarding childcare and have no reasonable coverage for your children, please contact your department head or Human Resources.
Please adhere to the following controls at all locations and job sites:
If you have traveled outside of the United States in the past four weeks (since February 14), you must contact Gissela Cornejo, Stacy Taylor or your supervisor before reporting for your next shift to confirm that you have not traveled to a COVID-19 affected area.
• If you are sick, stay home. • Reference the symptoms of COVID-19 using the CDC handout or by going to the CDC website. If you have a health insurance questions, please contact your health insurance provider.
• Wash hands frequently with soap for 20 seconds.
• Wash hands prior to taking break or lunch. If bathroom is not available, use hand sanitizer or alcohol. If applicable, wear PPE gloves and glasses to protect yourself. Cover coughs and sneezes. Don’t touch your face, eyes, nose and mouth.
Washing your hands frequently may be the most important thing you do to protect yourself from the virus.
Trailers, Break Areas and Gang Boxes:
• Keep the trailer clean! This can be a challenge, but it is imperative that we provide a safe environment free of pathogens.
• Using sanitizing wipes or spray, wipe down surfaces after every break and meeting.
• Using sanitizing wipes or spray, wipe down all handles. (doorknobs, handles, refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, etc.)
• Dump garbage daily and keep the lid on trash cans.
• Limit access to trailers. Communicate with people via your mobile phone versus in person.
• Clean tools before and after you use them.
• Conduct virtual meetings as your first option. (conference calls, Skype, etc.)
• Hold in person meetings only when necessary.
• If you must have a large meeting with more than 6 people, divide into smaller groups and hold multiple meetings.
• During meetings, spread out. The CDC recommends six feet between people.
• When sign-in-sheets are needed at a meeting, have one person write down all names, versus passing the list and pen around.
• Limit work travel. Only make necessary trips.
• Personal Travel: If you are going on vacation, review plans with your supervisor. Depending on your itinerary, we may request that you self-quarantine 14 days following your trip. Baker Roofing’s COVID-19 policies may prohibit you from returning to the job.
• Limit the visit of non-employees. This is a time to be diligent, but not panic. We can perform our work and be cognitive of our personal hygiene and health. This is obviously a fluid situation, that is rapidly changing. We will keep you updated as changes arise, and additional information is available