Roofers Baking: Fourth of July Fruit Pie
Celebrate the Fourth of July with a quick and simple to make dessert that the whole family can participate on! Kids will love decorating their own fruit pies with the American flag. Just follow the simple 8 steps below!
1 package of sugar cookie dough
8 ounces of cream cheese
2/3 cup of powdered sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 cup of blueberries
1 cup of raspberries
1 cup of strawberries (cut into quarters)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prep pie pan with cooking spray.
- Open cookie dough package and break into pieces. Place them into the pie pan and press it down to form a crust. Use as much needed to fill the pan in an even layer at 1/4 inch depth.
- Bake the cookie crust for 10-12 minutes. When done, place into the refrigerator to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Add in moderate amounts of whipped topping throughout mixing.
- Spread the cream cheese topping onto the cookie crust.
- Place the blueberries to create the blue portion of the flag. Place the strawberries and raspberries in alternating lines to create the stripes.
- In the spaces between the lines of strawberries and raspberries, line with whipped topping.
- Wrap and keep in the fridge until ready to serve. Enjoy!