Gutters are typically an afterthought when it comes to dreaming up your home exterior. Over time the iconic black gutter has gained popularity in home renovations and new constructions but there are a lot of different types of color and material options available to you. We wanted to break down each kind of gutter material that you can choose from when dreaming up your new home exterior. Whether you’re in the market for new gutters or updating existing gutters, we have the top 5 gutter materials for your home below:
- Aluminum – Aluminum Gutters are the most popular material used for gutters. These gutters are lightweight and easy to install while still having a nice curb appeal. They are available in many different colors and they can last up to twenty-five years. We can install aluminum gutters on a residential or commercial property!
- Vinyl – Vinyl Gutters are the most inexpensive choice if you’re looking for a more affordable option. These gutters are not damaged by salty air, so they are great for a beach home. They also will not rust or corrode.
- Zinc – Zinc rain gutters may be expensive but they are very durable. These gutters can last up to 50 years and won’t rust or fade.
- Steel– Steel gutters are very strong and can hold up to all weather types. These gutters can also be painted and customized in many different styles.
- Copper – Copper gutters have a unique curb appeal that attracts many homeowners. It’s the most expensive gutter material, but it’s extremely durable in all types of weather. Copper gutters won’t rust or warp.
Gutters are important for maintaining the longevity of your roof and siding. It draws water away from your house so it cannot sit and eventually penetrate causing leaks. We highly recommend installing gutters if you don’t already have them on your house. If you do have gutters, we also recommend looking into gutter guards to relieve the stress of keeping your gutters clean or having a professional clean your gutters yearly.