Baker's Half Dozen
Columbia, South Carolina is home to an amazing zoo, riveting history, and a Baker Roofing office! Our Columbia team focuses its efforts on commercial roofing, working hard to resolve any roof leaks with minimal disruption to the business owners who entrust us with their property. If you check out a few of our highly recommended restaurants, coffee shops, and family friendly activities below, you may bump into some of #TeamBaker enjoying their free time.
- Sweet Cream Company – This delicious ice cream shop is family owned and makes all of its ice cream flavors from scratch. Sweet Cream Company offers 16 flavors at any given time. When one flavor runs out, it is replaced by a delicious new flavor. For an extra special treat, we recommend trying their featured ice cream cookie sandwich made with two made-from-scratch cookies. Sweet Cream Company also offers dairy and gluten-free options.
- Indah Coffee Company – This local coffee shop is a great place to catch up with friends, or hold small out-of-office meetings. You can also catch a glimpse of the bean roasting process through a large window. There are two locations in Columbia; downtown in the Arcade building and in the Cottontown neighborhood. The editor’s pick would have to be the Cold Brew with a Blueberry Scone!
- Terra Restaurant – If you are looking for a delicious dinner for a special occasion, Terra fits the bill. Their menu is constantly changing in order to keep with their mission to support local farmers by using locally grown ingredients. We recommend sampling one of their tasty seafood dishes. Since the seafood comes directly from Charleston, it is always fresh.
- Riverfront Park and Historic Columbia Canal – Riverfront Park is a great place to enjoy the sunshine and check out the historic Columbia Canal. The trail is flat and paved, so explorers of any age can enjoy it. The trail ends at the canal diversion dam, which is especially cool to see after heavy rain.
- Café Strudel – Café Strudel was opened by the Turbyfill family in 1997, and it still ran by the family today. Although they have had to move to a larger space as their success has grown, they have maintained the welcoming atmosphere they are known for. We recommend stopping in at breakfast for the French Toast made with Hawaiian Pineapple Bread!
- Saluda Shoals Park – Located along the Saluda River, this serene park gives visitors a chance to enjoy the fresh air while hiking, biking, horseback riding, boating, and canoeing. The park also has an observation deck, and sheltered tables perfect for picnics.
Next time you’re in Columbia, SC, give some of these local restaurants and activities a try!