Getting our people home safe, and your job done safely is our first goal. Everything else comes after that.
Baker Roofing has grown to be one of the largest roofing contractors in the nation. We have added divisions, and more locations, but most importantly, we have added lots of people that have become like family. We take care of our family and the best way we know how to do that in our industry is by keeping them safe and sending them home to their families each day.
We chose to develop a devoted safety team a few years back that would push us to set the standard for safety across all of our projects, whether we are working on a residential home or a commercial building. We are proud to have our safety team and are thankful for all that they do!
Below you’ll find our 26 Safety Fundamentals that correspond with our 26 Company Fundamentals. We believe that by allowing these fundamentals to guide our daily decisions on and off the job site, we are creating a safer work environment for every business, person, and trades group we come in contact with on the job. Thank you to all of the members of the Baker Safety Team! We are so thankful for the job you do.
Baker Roofing's Safety Fundamentals
- ALWAYS BE AWARE OF THE SAFE WORK PRACTICES & PROCEDURES
2. REPORT ALL INCIDENTS
3. ALWAYS USE A SPOTTER IF YOU HAVE TO WALK BACKWARDS
4. COVER YOUR BROTHER’S BACK
5. PLAN FOR OVERHEAD PROTECTION
6. PROVIDE SAFE ACCESS
7. USE THE RIGHT LADDER & USE IT PROPERLY
8. ENSURE PROPER FIRE PROTECTION
9. MAINTAIN GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
10. BE PREPARED MENTALLY & PHYSICALLY FOR WORK
11. INSPECT THE JOBSITES FOR HAZARDS
12. CONDUCT YOURSELF IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER
13. USE PROPER LIFTING TECHNIQUES
14. NEVER SMOKE ON A ROOF
15. WEAR APPROPRIATE PPE
16. HAND PROTECTION REQUIRES PROPER GLOVE SELECTION
17. ALWAYS INSPECT BEFORE YOU CONNECT
18. LET IT COOL BEFORE YOU REFUEL
19. OPERATORS MUST BE TRAINED BEFORE USING EQUIPMENT
20. DON’T MOVE A MUSCLE UNTIL YOU STRETCH
21. KNOW THE HAZARDS OF THE CHEMICAL YOU ARE WORKING WITH
22. BE VIGILANT ABOUT YOUR HEALTH
23. CONSIDER THE WEATHER FOR THE DAY
24. ALWAYS IDENTIFY, EVALUATE, & CONTROL FALL HAZARDS ON THE JOBSITE
25. 100% FALL PROTECTION: WARNING LINES, GUARDRAILS, PFAs, AND COVERS
26. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE TO INSPECT YOUR PFAs DAILY