Baker's Half Dozen
Baker Roofing Company has had the pleasure of providing commercial and residential services to the Greensboro area for over ten years. We are proud to be a part of the Greensboro community and look forward to continuing to grow in the area. Since Baker Roofing has been in the area for quite a few years, we have found some of the top restaurants, activities, and best desserts in Greensboro.
- Maxie B’s – There are several Baker Roofing employees who have crowned Maxie B’s the best cake they have ever tasted. The cakes are always fresh, perfectly moist, and topped with creamy icing. If you are looking for a small treat not to be shared, many of their delicious cake flavors are available as cupcakes. If you stop by the shop when it’s busy there may be a line, but we promise it is worth the wait. Two favorites are Pumpkin Chocolate Chip and Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake!
- Juice Shop Smoothies – Looking for something refreshing after being out in the North Carolina heat? We recommend the Juice Shop in Greensboro. Anytime our photography team visits Greensboro, stopping at the Juice Shop for a Guava Gulp and a Polar Peach is inevitable. The smoothies are made with fresh fruit, and frozen yogurt or sherbet. Are any Wake students reading? The Juice Shop has a second location in Winston-Salem! Our two favorites are Guava Gulp and Polar Peach!
- Hops Burger Bar – Hops is well known as one of the best burger spots in North Carolina. The burgers are made with certified Angus beef and locally grown ingredients. If you are interested in a non-burger option, there are plenty of tasty salad and sandwich choices. One of our team members, Cole, shared his favorite item, the College Hill Blues Burger with Truffle Oil & Parmesan Fries!
- Union Coffee Co – This coffee shop is known for the delicious Black & White Coffee that it serves as well as its warm atmosphere and community involvement. Union Coffee Co chooses to only work with vendors that are local, or “give-back brands.” Baker Roofing has always aimed to be a company that is involved and supportive of our community, and we love supporting other companies doing the same. Next time you’re in the 336, stop by for a latte and a friendly smile.
- Greensboro Science Center – Our next recommendation is a great summer activity to do as a family. The Greensboro Science Center combines the enjoyment of an aquarium, museum, and zoo. If it is a rainy day, the indoor aquarium is the perfect stop to see the tropical fish and even touch a stingray! Many of our Team Baker families recommend the treetop adventure park for daring children and adults.
- Friendly Center – Who can resist a day of shopping with friends and family? The Friendly Center has enough shopping and dining choices to please any crowd. Check out their website before you go to see what deals your favorite stores are offering!
Next time you’re in Greensboro, NC, give some of these local restaurants and activities a try!